Thursday, June 08, 2006

Worst of the worst writer

Worst of the worst writers, that’s me
as no one even bothers to read
Whatever I post on S and C

What kind of writing really leads?
As I myself have failed to comprehend
Why should anyone care, if my heart bleeds

On these, I have tried my hands
Fifty-fivers, lunes and/or cinquains
Not a single trace, nowhere they stand

Not for me long-winded explanations
Nor produced chef-d'oeuvre of literary kind
Neither did any kind of impersonations

Social issues are mostly in my mind
Something compels me to pen those
How can I ignore and put those behind

Someone shed light, what prose
or poetry do I write? To go with flow
I never tow the line. In compose

mode, whose trumpet do I blow?
Getting across my thoughts is my goal
Does use of difficult words make one glow?

Simplistic writing I thought, touched the soul.
As usual I was wrong assuming it all
Nutcase that I am, never saw loopholes

I enumerated my weak points, now ready to fall
After taking home the worst writer’s crown,
I will paint the town red and have a ball!

Wrote this for Why I am the worst writer Exercise thread on S&C

9 comments:

Homo Escapeons said...

U not werstus riter,
me weigh more werst den u.
gud poim bout woo iz de werst riter.

Mahfuuz said...

I like this.
Poetry is also about being honest...

Ghost Particle said...

hey very nice...realistic.

gautami tripathy said...

I am doomed! I wanted to get worst writer's crown. It seems I can't even manage that.............:(

Thanks but no thanks, homo, mahfuuz and ghost...:(((((((((

Don Iannone said...

Indeed...write from where your heart bleeds...

Mahfuzz is right about poetry being about being honest. Nice way to put it.

Gangadhar said...

very well written..

Known Stranger said...

wow.. what a narration. splending.

Rauf said...

You are the worst writer, you are a nut case, what else ? hop on board Gautami, you are in good company, we need a queen who is wearing some kind of a crown.

Thanks so much for stopping by Gautami.

gautami tripathy said...

I am brutally honest at times, Don...no one likes methen. Not that I care much.

Thanks Gangadhar, do visit again.

Thanks rauf,first let me have the crown!