Saturday, June 21, 2008

writings on the wall------Writers Island

gleefully I move slowly
inside the ruined castle
I pause to look over a broken statue
behind one of the colossal pillars
I run my hands over it
loving the feel of it on my palms
going deeper I find many more
forgetting the time. only when
the silhouettes on the walls
come alive in the middle
of the dark moonless night
I become aware of my surroundings

I feel icy cold in midst of summer
tripping on something I fall
misted glass twist my mind
wiping it clean

waking up, I find the sky above me
along with the sun warming me up.
Looking down, I find I am still holding
a small broken stone statue

15 comments:

anthonynorth said...

Another intriguing one. You pulled me in perfectly.

Cynthia said...

A deeper shade of the temple of doom, mysterious.

man in painting said...

You took my breath away.
loved it.
me too write poems.
please visit my blog.
i value your comments...

Kai said...

beautiful

Steve said...

false gods........

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Gleefully? why?

Anonymous said...

Wow, good.

Stan Ski said...

How easy it is to become distracted and allow our perceptions to mislead our purpose.

Rambler said...

very mysterious..I like how much poem left for me to imagine and visualize.

polona said...

wow, this could be the beginning of an adventure story...

Anonymous said...

very nice. loved the way it unfolded :-)

Romeo Morningwood said...

You are INDIAna Jones.

Lucy said...

as always.. a pleasure to read! :)

Anonymous said...

umm, the power of words to create a place where one goes... another beauty in the misted glass g...

Anonymous said...

The love of things past shines through, as does the sensation of getting 'lost' in the moment. Nice job!