Monday, January 18, 2010

Clover, Bee and Reverie: A Poetry Challenge



For all those who read poetry, this is a good challenge to read poetry. There are four levels and you can join any. Check out, Clover, Bee and Reverie: A Poetry Challenge, for more info and do join in.

The challenge will go through 12/31/2010.

Here are the four levels of participation:

Couplet: Read 2 books of poetry

Limerick: Read 5 books of poetry, and finish at least one badge

Octave: Read 8 books of poetry, and finish at least two badges

Sonnet: Read 14 books of poetry, and finish two badges, and one expert badge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will go for the Octave level. My tentative list of poetry books are:

1) Selected Poems by Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
2) Renascence and Other Poems by Edna St. Vincent Millay (1892–1950)
3) Thirst: poems By Mary Oliver
4) Becoming The Villainess by Jeannine Hall Gaily
5) At the Threshold of Alchemy by John Amen
6 Poetic Musings of an Old, Fat Man by Harry E. Gilleland, Jr.
7) Slamming Open The Door by Kathleen Sheeder Bonanno
8) The Essential Keats: Selected by Philip Levine

3 comments:

Mama Librarian said...

Looks like an intense but wonderful list! To me, reading YA or kidlit is so much easier than reading adult poetry. Hope you enjoy it.

Leslie @ This is the Refrain said...

So glad to see you're joining us :D

Lorraine said...

Not for me thanks, however, if I had to choose, I'd go with Rod McKuen, ALONE...I have yet to read something that meant more to me...maybe it's because I am a loner unlike anything Rod McKuen ever wrote about