Wednesday, August 08, 2007

psychedelic pajamas-----terza rima----3WW



Determined
Pajamas
Yield


psychedelic pajamas

those summer months added to woes-
quenching that thirst, eating until sate,
nothing much to do in hunger’s throes.

enhanced girth cannot be taken as fate;
image faithfully mirrored brings lows-
sense of unworthiness has added to hate.

much loved printed, psychedelic pajamas
do not fit any more. determined I yank
those up with a huff, looking like a llama.

jolted out by that representation akin a tank-
pictures in my mind move in slowly; drama
enacted of other unknown horrors. frank

self-appraisal does yield results. vigorously
i start exercise regime. one hour jogging,
half hour yoga, dietary habits rigorously

changed. with good metabolism, dogging
is not too bad. better that than self-flogging!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is somewhat true-to-account terza rima apart from the pajamas bit...:D


17 comments:

polona said...

this is rather funny but... erm... i can relate :)
only i lack self-discipline

like the new make-over

Steve said...

Come on admit it, you have PJ's just like you described!

Shelby said...

great post!

I REALLY like your new blog design.

Rose Dewy Knickers said...

The woes of shrinking pjs. How dare they go down a size!

Rose

xo

gautami tripathy said...

polona: I gota good metabolism and that helps...:D

steve: Not really!

shelby: thanks!

rose: Those pjs did not shrink, I was the one who bloated..:D

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Love the new look, Gautami. Te ending is a good positive model for the rest of us! And pajamas do shrink - sometimes.

TC said...

I love the photo at the top: gorgeous!

determined I yank
those up with a huff, looking like a llama.


Oh I laughed so hard. Somehow, I doubt you really looked like a llama :-)

lissa said...

What a great poem! I'm many we can all relate. I think certain materials do shrink so maybe pajamas too.

Love your new look. It's cleaner and less clutter. Nice1

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

nice work :)

Russell Ragsdale said...

You share a good laugh with us. Thanks for that. Also wanted to say how much I like your new blog design.

Clare said...

Hi Gautami! I laughed so hard at the line "looking like a llama" -- I swear I was rolling on the floor! I happen to adore llamas and think they are beautiful. I bet psychedelic pajamas would be cool --- but the bright colors might make it hard to fall asleep! This is a really terrific poem, Gautami.
:)

Paul said...

Very clever poem which I enjoyed reading.

odessa said...

i love the image of a llama wearing psychedelic pajamas! don't we all relate to the shrinking pjs/jeans. good for you for starting an exercise regime. cheers!

Bone said...

jolted out by that representation akin a tank-
pictures in my mind move in slowly; drama
enacted of other unknown horrors. frank


Enjoyed it all, but that was my favorite stanza. I guess we find motivation in all different forms, even psychedelic pajamas :)

Gay said...

The new site is beautiful. Like the psychedelic part... and "looking like a llama"

Annie said...

"looking like a llama"

too funny! i loved it and sadly, i relate too.

"psychedelic pajamas
do not fit any more"

great line.

A Tag Along Traveler said...

dont you just hate when you cant fit into clothes and have to start up paying attention to what you eat and do!!!! I have a feeling this vacation will not help matters!! :)