Sunday, May 02, 2010

intangibles

intangibles is mirrored in the orbs of your eye
however, you see me watching you intimately
to read the mystery embedded deeply. you sigh

unwilling to share that enigma shielded so closely
by none other than you. even from me, who is but
you. I discerned it right from the beginning, wholly

accepting it, questions farther from my mind. shut
me out, if you must, in the end you have to arrive
tapping at my heart, asking to stay, twisting my gut.

you know not, your love shows though you strive
to keep it in check by your coldness or plain anger
nothing can hide that aura bursting forth. deprive

me if you must, why deny yourself that sensation
which is beyond intelligence, beyond comprehension?


7 comments:

Stan Ski said...

The search for answers would only raise further unanswerable questions.
I like it, don't know why, but I do :)

Changnoi said...

With us kids, the eyes give it all away.

Amity said...

If it's an enigma, it will remain beyond comprehension...

Loved this poem Gautami...

see mine here:

Amity – An Enigma

SandyCarlson said...

Enigmas between adults can be very painful. Questions that can't or won't be answered. The frustration of being locked out.

Loch Rob said...

Do we willingly do this? Or is it because of insecurity or fear. How to open up completely and freely. The reward is worth the risk. Your poem describes the dilema very well.

one more believer said...

it is that skin that keeps us apart.. this is really beautiful g...

Tumblewords: said...

Beautiful and enigmatic!