Sunday, February 10, 2013

fill it all in a bottle

"I will court you"
he never ever said that
but I had heard
he gifted me a coral beaded on a thread
I would have preferred a plume
such a rare thing to give
why can't he pour his feelings from a bottle?
a dry bathe
Isn't that a paradox?
why am I thinking randomly
what incident has made me so
I want all in my own terms
my heart open to him
I make a ball of my fist
and come back to silence

power of denial cannot be ignored
not when it takes us over completely


Emma Major said...

sad and poignant

Stan Ski said...

They say it takes two to tango... I can't dance... Do I care...? :)

Loch Rob said...

Sad indeed. The power of denial can be overpowering. Realizing so, is such a powerful first step. Peace.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is a thought-provoking poem, Guatami. Well penned.

oldegg said...

Men live in a parallel universe and are not all that perceptive. It is rare to find a soul mate that anticipates your needs. If you do, tell no-one, keep him for yourself.

Sabra Bower said...

Sometimes denial is our only tool.

Heidi said...

Cool take on denial and self-deception and wanting something so hard we make it "true". Love the first lines.

Tumblewords: said...

Such a provocative piece! Lots of thought in there.

SweetTalkingGuy said...

So many questions! I'm listening, I can hear the words, but I don't pretend to understand.