Sunday, October 27, 2013

erosion

in the inky depth of that pool
I feel safe from immeasurable flames
I yearn for your breath
that breath you stole from me
in the guise of sleep in the waking hours.
oh, it is just a dream-
why did I allow it to erode me?
I pull the sheet closer still,
forgetting myth from truth.
I put on a mask again
throw a clay pebble into that imaginary pool
no one will allow bend the rules-
except you. except you.

that breath I need to keep in hiding-
leave it on the doormat on your way out

"time just moves on with its own pace,
unwavering about the aftermath-
uncaring about what to come."

17 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

WOW! Fantastic write, kiddo, and I can relate to it so well, sadly. I especially love "throw a clay pebble into that imaginary pool".

Kay said...

wonderful imagery, and we both chose a mask!! xx

daphnepurpus said...

Fantastic imagery!

Old Egg said...

Time is so uncaring, but what can we expect when we waste it so. Are dreams better than life? What a pleasure it is to visit you.

Anonymous said...

"forgetting myth from truth"

- what a great line, in a thoughtful pen.

Thank you for sharing and taking part of the Toads' challenge ~ M

Locomente said...

I loved this...
Each line is a poem by itself...
Awesome!

dsnake1 said...

great write. strong imagery.

Anonymous said...

Anything that steals the breath away is haunting...whether dream or reality. Wonderfully woven,

Elizabeth

Mademoiselle Modelle said...

Your banner caught my eye right away & I enjoyed this deep poem.

Unknown said...

Your poem is beautiful! so many great lines, but this one -
that breath I need to keep in hiding-
leave it on the doormat on your way out
Love this one!

Anonymous said...

U capture the feeling of the piece well really enjoyed your poem

irene said...

You've created layers of feeling.

Sabra Bowers said...

Well wordled.

humbird said...

clay pebble...emotional write

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Beautiful use of language and images!

Jae Rose said...

erosion takes many forms..internal soul erosion is perhaps the hardest to bear..beautifully written

Silent Otto said...

This liquid combination of time and breath and dreams is all i could ask for....thanks G