Monday, February 11, 2019

unfettered

 Maa wants me to send her my pics. I do that but sometimes the photos are horrible but it doesn't really matter. I sent the following photo yesterday, freshly scrubbed...and wrote the poem a while back....


unfettered
you always looked at me by
unseeing me
with so much deep love
that I couldn't fathom
you read my mind
you understood my heart
you nurtured the soul
I argued with you
I fought with you
never comprehending
your affectionate heart
now whenever I look into the mirror
I see you watching over me
wanting to see me
hence, each day I send you my photo
so that you won't miss me
and I will be engulfed with your love
which sustains me in difficult days
"I can never be you but always be your daughter
made on your mold, with love to hold"

©gautamitripathy11022019

No comments: