Sunday, September 19, 2021

holding me to your heart

 

holding me to your heart

did you ever pause as where you were heading?
I, in my cossetted world,
lived in my books
and the words I penned down randomly into poetry
out of nowhere, you came
and hit me in my heart
my mind stopped thinking
letting my heart take over for the first time
without any concrete plans we ended up together
do I have any regrets?
yes, I have. massive ones.
why it all happened so fast?
why didn't I get time to pause?
I deserved so much more-
why did I meet you so late in life?
why did you not seek me before?
what took you so long?
why did you make me wait?
I am reflected by you
and you are reflected by me

"I should have bought that huge chair
but at that time
I didn't know you are going to be part of my life"

@gautami.tripathy23102018

No comments: