Wednesday, March 17, 2010

where did you hide my parachute?

when you threw me from the sky
you didn't even allow me a parachute
but I landed on moss
which cushioned my body
but a sharp piece of glass pierced me

that shard underneath my skin
dissociated pain from my weary mind
when I removed that glass
my sluggish pulse raced ahead
I only see the blood dripping

I wipe it with a rag
also brush away the debris
in the midst of it all
I search for my heart
to put it back in the place

only a hole is left there,
where there used to be my heart
absentmindedly
I admire the neatness of it
thinking, you made it or I?

11 comments:

Bill said...

"absentmindedly" is very good, especially in relation to the absence of the heart.

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

I really liked this one, in a melancholy kind of way.

Stan Ski said...

Pride comes before a fall - we pick ourselves up and fein indifference.

Amity said...

Anything that pierces us, is painful, much more when the heart is pierced...I could even feel it more painful than literal cuts or bruises!

Wonderful take Gautami...

Please drop by...this is my 2nd week at 3WW and I am enjoying it!

Thomma Lyn said...

Powerful metaphors in this piece -- great job! :)

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I love the last paragraph and the quiet sense of practical wonder at emotional devastation. Nice job.

Andy Sewina said...

And your heart still beats?

<3

Unknown said...

One can rest or take a leap;
for all of us;
have promises to keep.
to dream to soar;
to achieve ever more.
there we are;
your partners in flight,
making hold on the reins tight.
blowing melodies on the life’s flute;
so chose your colors
mind’s is your parachute…..

Jay R. Thurston said...

Reminds me of the saying, "What won't kill us, will only make us stronger."

You captured the emotion of a painful heartbreak quite well! Good work!

Dee Martin said...

the last paragraph! disassociated from the hole because after all, how can one feel if there is no heart left? Sad.

Tumblewords: said...

I like the way you moved the story forward in this one. Absentmindedly is a good word to use with a heart that used to be.