Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Key in for dizzy changes in my blog posting today

I thought I would go into a different way from my usual prattle here. I did post this on my other blog (where I post about books and reviews) and had a brainwave why not post it here too? A few might take pity on my plight and do the needful. I am going dizzy looking out for certain books.

I am in dire need of Canadian books as those are not as easily available in India apart from Margaret Atwood and Carol Shields. I only got 5* out 13 to be read for The 2nd Canadian book Challenge Eh? and need one Southern Setting book for Southern Reading Challenge. ( I thought I might as well ask for this, at one go!) Any one offering those to me? New published (wanna be can wait a while) authors can key in their keen interest to get their books reviewed by a professional like me...Wot say? Feel free to send ARCs. I don't mind!

*Out of the 5 books, 4 are gifts from generous friends. Don't you think there are more generous people in the blog world? Show your generosity, open your hearts. I will go out of my way to give you due credits. On second thoughts, I might not, if I hate the book(s)!

Hey, is it rightly called book pimping? Do you think, I should not resort to it. Do let me know!!!

As I said elsewhere, I do not mind demanding, borrowing and stealing! THIS GOES ONLY FOR BOOKS!

*grin*

PS: Never let it be said that I did not try...

PPS: A nice change from my usual blog post, isn't it?!

*wider grin*

PPPS: If you have to let me down, do it nicely!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's fine to resort to pleading once in a awhile. Just don't make it a habit. ;)

TC said...

I agree with Brian :)

Besides, I would think that as long as you have a pay it forward type mentality about it, it really should be fine. Good way to not waste paper you know? :)

gautami tripathy said...

Brian, as you say, once in a while is ok, is it not?

tc, my books are given away. When I moved house I donated around 1500 books out of mine 4000+

Every BAFAB week, I give out around 50 books. Mostly to those who can't afford to buy. Children's book in vernacular.

anthonynorth said...

A great idea! And as if you could do a bad blog post.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Plead away - I'd help you if I could but I can't!

Anonymous said...

Pleading? No way! I call this demanding!

PJD said...

chumplet is a Canadian author with two books out (one might be coming soon).

zetor said...

Plead, on your knees lol! Sorry I can't help.

Anonymous said...

You are pleading :) I gave away most of my books when I got my apartment ready to be sold

Tammy Brierly said...

Tami, I've always given my books away after I read them. I like reading your many voices. ;)

polona said...

i don't think books in slovenian would help much, would they... and finding books in english is still a challenge here

Whitesnake said...

WEll I must say that was the best bit of ass kissing I have ever read. Never thought ya had it inya.......still never could refuse an interlectual who ......kiss ass that good.....

Now where do I send these parchments with scribble on them?

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

Would a poetry book work? I'm a southerner and I could send you one of my books.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

e-mail me if you want it.

Lucy said...

haha You are too cute! Nothing wrong with stating what you desire! I wish I could help, I usually take my books out of the library, and when I do buy them I always pass them on. I can give you a southern suggestion?? The prince of tides was one of my favorite southern themed books!
Good Luck Gautami!

Anonymous said...

Never on my knees! No!

Steve, you can't help. You live in Australia, remember?

Polona, I won't understand the language!

Andrew, thanks! I will take on your offer!

Anya Padyam said...

unfortunately I dont know any from the category you are looking for:) any names? and I can try;)

... nice post;)

Anonymous said...

how very interesting... book reviews... will hafta go back and read a few... pimping for books... now that is something i hadnt thought of before...

Rae Trigg said...

I don't hate your post. I'd send you books if I had any you needed ... but 2/3 of our stuff is currently in storage, and I don't know if we have anything you need.

Anonymous said...

Gautami, I'm from the southern part of the US, Georgia to be exact. Flannery O'Connor is our most famous author of the twentieth century. She wrote a few unforgettable novels. Have you read any of them? What titles are you interested in? I also love Carson McCullers, who wrote "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter," a southern gothic type writer like Flanenery O'Conner, also female. Send me your address.

Anonymous said...

oops, my email:

mariacristinapoesia@gmail.com